Friday, April 1, 2016

Goodbye

I'm writing to say this will be one of the last posts I write in Spain. In a couple of months, my contract will be over, and I have decided to go back home.

I haven't enjoyed my time here lately. It's too hot, there's so much noise I can't stand it - whether at home or in the library, of all places. I hate the way people stare at me. After almost three years living here you'd think I'd get used to it, but nope - I still feel like an alien.

I've tried very hard to integrate myself, but no matter what I do, there's one thing that will never change - the way I look different from everyone else. And in Jaén, that's not a good thing.

But I would like to thank all of my friends that tried hard to make me feel welcome. You'll always have a friend in Canada, should you ever decide to visit. Thanks to you, I went to lots of great parties, and celebrated some important moments with you all. Muchísimas gracias, desde el fondo de mi corazon, y hasta luego.

P.S. In case you're not familiar with the North American calendar, today is April Fool's Day. The above post is completely untrue. I'm still loving my life here and I'm intending to stay!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment